Blog and News
New Big-Ticket Purchases? That’s One Reason to Update Your Insurance
You’re responsible. You set up your homeowners or renters insurance years ago, so you’re all set, right? Not so fast. Every once in a while, it’s good to revisit your policy to see if it needs updating.
Make your policy match your possessions | Nick Keppol via Flickr
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Have you made any recent big purchases? A new television, computer, or jewelry? A musical instrument? Have you exceeded the overall limit of what’s covered in your policy?
- If you recently acquired jewelry, does your policy cover that category?
- Do you do a lot of online shopping? If so, does your policy cover theft or damage to incoming packages?
- Do you have a bike? Does your policy cover theft outside the apartment?
- Is your name on the policy? If not, are you still covered?
These questions aren’t meant to give you something new to worry about. The answers are only a phone call away. Gotham Brokerage Co., Inc. is a New York-based, family-owned company, and we know NYC apartment owner and renter needs better than anybody else. This means we can quickly make sure that you have the right plan and coverage for your needs.
One of the best things you can do to make sure you’re covered is to go from room to room making a digital inventory of your stuff by taking pictures with your phone. Store the pictures on the cloud, so if something happens, it will be easier to make a claim.
Make sure you have the right coverage. Contact us today.